UNITED WOMEN’S FORUM MINUTES – OCTOBER 9, 2008
Debra welcomed everyone and introduced the program.
The prayer was offered by Linda Hess.
The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Carolyn Inman.
Presentation on “A Principle of Freedom” was given by Kris Kimball entitled “Protecting the Role of the Family”.
Kris referred to the 26th principle of freedom from the book “The 5000 Year Leap” in which it states,
“The core unit which determines the strength of any society is the family; therefore, the government should foster and protect its integrity.”
She spoke of how the United States has always been respected for the domestic strength of her families as compared to that of the European nations that have been largely impacted by the irregularities of their domestic life. Treason, cowardice, diversion and homosexuality have proved to be the demise of nations. The positive law of God supports man and woman as equal and as stated by Benjamin Franklin, “Marriage (between them) is the most natural state of man”.
Dalane England spoke of proposition 8 in and the consequences of changing the traditional marriage:
- marriage taught in public schools and will be required to teach that homosexuality and traditional marriage are the same.
- Churches are currently being sued because they are not allowing same sex marriages in their church buildings, thus violating our 1st amendment right of Freedom of Religion.
- The adoption of a child to a same sex married couple
- Married housing at our universities would be required to allow same sex couples in their units.
- Ministers have been jailed for teaching from the bible against same six marriages.
- The divorce rate is double in same sex marriages thus greatly effecting children in such marriages.
- A homosexual society historically has been social suicide and has NEVER survived.
We can go online to find out how to volunteer for Proposition 8. (Dalane will post this information.) PEOPLE MUST VOTE “YES” FOR THE AMMENDMENT TO PASS.
Dalane also expressed the need for people of integrity to be election judges.
Cynthia Peterson of Moms for Kids Coalition encouraged us as parents to speak out with our concerns about public schools. She strongly encouraged ability grouping by testing and for all to get involved and address our school board and public officials concerning the quality of our children’s education.
Valerie Mills introduced our wonderful speaker JoAnn Hibbert Hamilton. Mrs. Hamilton is the Founder of “Citizens for Families” and established The White Ribbon program into the PTA program. She is a champion of issues and environment affecting the family. Her website is www.strengthenthefamily.net where a wealth of information can be downloaded or ordered to join her in this great endeavor of strengthening and protecting our families. Mrs. Hamilton’s talk was so motivating and inspiring that we have included it in its entire form below.